Blueberries have long been a popular fruit, its bushes being relatively easy to grow in several climate zones and soil types, and it fruit being versatile, used in everything from syrup to cobblers. More recently, it is being heralded for its antioxidant properties, coming out higher than sixty other fruits and vegetables on the ORAC scale.
Nutrients in blueberries
- Vitamin C, a powerful immune system booster.
- Manganese, important in helping the body absorb other key nutrients, as well as for a healthy thyroid.
- Vitamin K, essential in blood clotting and for bone health.
- Trace minerals and small amounts of B vitamins.
Health benefits of blueberries
- The phytonutrients known as anthocyanidins help to neutralize free radical cell damage, thus helping to prevent a wide range of degenerative diseases.
- Anthocyanidins also improve the vascular system.
- The berries prevent cardiovascular disease, also due to the phytonutrients.
- They protect against eye problems.
- They may prevent various forms of dementia.
- They promote gastrointestinal health.
- The phenols in blueberries can prevent colon cancer and, if present, slow down the cancerous growth.
- The flavonoid in the berry known as kampferol is believed to protect against ovarian cancer.
- They can help relieve both diarrhea and constipation, as well as protect against urinary tract infections.
Knowing all this, do you think the blueberry would be a worthy supplement to your diet? Definitely yes, especially if it is used in conjunction with other superfoods that provide a variety of nutrients and health benefits.
Masaji juice by Be Young Essential Oils is one of the very few products that combines blueberry juice concentrate along with other superfoods vital to optimum health and longevity, without any synthetic ingredients.
Click here for more information about and to order Masaji.