The bilberry is not as popular as the goji, acai or blueberry among the health-conscious, but it is slowly coming into its own. Related to the blueberry, it is a native of Europe and North America. And like the blueberry, both its berries and its leaves have healing and health-enhancing properties.
Nutrients in the bilberry
- Bilberry is high in vitamin C, and therefore great for strengthening the immune system.
- It is a rich source of phytochemicals.
- It contains antioxidants which are ten times more powerful than vitamin C.
Health benefits of bilberry
- It lowers blood sugar levels, therefore can help prevent or treat diabetes.
- It can slow down the degeneration of vision that often comes with aging.
- It improves digestion.
- The phytochemicals help to regulate blood pressure and prevent blood clots.
- It protects cells from free radical and toxin damage.
- It increases circulation.
Knowing all this, do you think the bilberry would be a worthy supplement to your diet? Definitely yes, especially if it is used in conjunction with other superfoods that provide a variety of nutrients and health benefits.
Masaji juice by Be Young Essential Oils is one of the very few products that combines bilberry juice concentrate along with other superfoods vital to optimum health and longevity, without any synthetic ingredients.
Click here for more information about and to order Masaji.